Re: Travels of Biturian Varosh question

From: Dave Camoirano <DaveCamo_at_...>
Date: Mon, 23 Sep 2002 00:58:16 -0400

On Sunday, September 22, 2002, at 05:32 AM, Jim Chapin:

> Personally, I'm more disturbed by the sudden absence of ransoms, and
> what
> seems to be the idea that the proper action after every battle is to go
> around cutting throats to prevent final actions. If my players did that
> (they
> don't) I would give them a "cruel" rating, as well as fixed hostility
> from
> whomever it was they were doing this to.

Ransoms haven't disappeared, just the name has changed: weregild.

And yes, I'd give them some sort of stigma if they just went around slashing throats. But keep in mind that only "Hero calibre" opponents should get anything like a final action, HP or any of the other special rules.

Dave