david_at_...

From: Thom Baguley <t.s.baguley_at_...>
Date: Mon, 25 Sep 2000 11:59:40 +0100

>Message: 14
> Date: Fri, 22 Sep 2000 22:01:08 -0700
> From: David Dunham <david_at_...>
>Subject: Initiates vs Devotees
>
>[cross-posted to HW-Rules and Hero Wars lists]
>
>A question has come up in the development of Thunder Rebels:
>
>Do more people play initiates or devotees (assuming you're running a
>theistic culture)?

>From my 4 original players. 3 devotees, 1 initiate.

>(Optional essay question: does your narrator do anything to portray
>the additional time and resource requirement of a devotee?)

I'm the narrators, so ... not as such.

Devotees:

Odayla: minor heroquest/protecting a sacred bear cub Vinga: god-talker player involved in initiating a runaway from another clan Lhankor Mhy: entangled in a couple of legal disputes

I've used them more as plot-hooks for characters. This hasn't featured as heavily for the initiate.

Thom