Hero's Book (was Re: Which book(s) and when ?)

From: bethexton <bethexton_at_...>
Date: Wed, 25 Sep 2002 18:09:12 -0000

This is why I didn't vote for the hero's book. While existing rabid HW fans may snatch it up for the teaser of the new rules, I think other people will stay away in droves when they notice the "this is not a complete game, requires HQ to fully play" info, and find out that HQ is not out yet. In addition many players may hold off buying it until their narrator has the HQ rules.

The other three choices, being not as rules based, should all see less gating by HQ. Hopefully they'll come out with a tag saying "compatible with Hero Wars and with Hero Quest." Having only the HQ tag on them would be a marketing mistake, IMO.

Personally I voted for the hero band book, because I've seen a couple of teases of it, and I think it is going to be much more interesting than I'd thought at first, or than probably a lot of people give it credit for. I suspect it will give a much better *feel* for the variety of forces pulling at events in Dragon Pass than any of the existing publications. I've not seen enough to _know_ this, and those who prefer text book like descriptions to scattered data points that you intuitively join together to form a picture may disagree. I think both of the other books would be fine too.

Regards;

Bryan