Re: Re: Thunder rebels

From: KYER, JEFFREY <jeff.kyer_at_...>
Date: Mon, 25 Sep 2000 10:14:19 -0400

> I'm not complaining. I think that (in the long run) this is the better
> option. For a start there will be less need for new narrators to search out
> expensive OOP material. For older gloranthophiles I suspect cost is not
> (such) a big issue, though I feel for anyone running a campaign on a tight
> budget (I'd hope players would contribute under those circumstances - it
> happened a lot in my student days).

Anything to have me stop jumping from zine to zine to check up on notes. The right material in the right place is something that has been needed for a very long time -- and I find is one f the things that will bring in newcommers. This is something that the world and game need badly.

We don't want to be like Star Fleet Battles -- ever more complex rules for an ever shrinking audience... Brr.

> >Wonder if it will completely invalidate some of the things on
> >Orlanthi culture we've been discussing on the digest ;-)
>
> I hope not! If it does then MGWV!

If it does, I'll cope.

> Yes. If the material would otherwise cut I'd rather see it published. Also,
> I suspect Sartar material will sell better than the Lunars or the West, so
> that income stream may protect some of those projects. (Here's hoping).

>From what I see (especially when demoing the game), Sartar is teh main
area of interest from players, though many want info on the Loonies for their 'opponent' value. Can't say as I blame them. However, the Prax folks seem to be doing a good job as well -- looking forward to seeing their work.

Jeff