Re: 3rd age pre-Monrogh Yelmalio

From: Mikael Raaterova <mikael.raaterova_at_...>
Date: Fri, 27 Sep 2002 11:41:56 +0200

Peter comments

>>After the dragonkill, most of the yelmalions were killed and the cult
>>remained active only in the peripheral Sun Dome Temples.
>
>IMO: most of the leading yelmalions were killed and the cult survived
>around derelict Sun Dome temples. After all, all that gold for a roof
>can be put to a better purpose, no?

Might that have been the support of the Empire: gold for the roofs of the abandoned and plundered temples?

>>In many temples the
>>god came to be worshipped under a plethora of local names, all with the
>>title of "yelmalio" or "brightness of Yelm". Some even went back to
>relics
>>of the first age, when Yelmalio was known as Daysenerus.
>
>I'm not sure about the last sentence. The Daysenervus temples were
>torn to pieces by Arkat and his merry men and so there's very little
>commonality between them and the Second Age Temples.

Given that Nick commented that Daysenerus is a Deep Secret of Yelmalio, and that the first age temples were destroyed, i can agree that Daysenerus was not re-invoked. But some first and second age relics should have remained though, at least to inspire some heterodoxy in a few temples.