Re: Call for Submissions: MOON RITES

From: BILL.williams_at_...
Date: Fri, 27 Sep 2002 14:13:58 -0500

John

For the game I am running I needed an organization within the Lunar Empire that delivers messages/letters/packages without any special cult/imperial/military attachments, i.e FedEx (Pony Express may be a better analogy). Strictly speaking it isn't a lunar entity it just happens to have started within the lunar empire and gets most of it's business from lunar clients.

I think it will be called The Seal of the Flame and I may write it up as a hero band perhaps with another short background piece on the origins of the seal that is at the heart of the organization, which was originally created to certify communications from the Speaker of Fire within the Unity Council headed for the Unity Council Herald so that the Herald would know it was the true word of the Speaker, there was one such seal for each of the Speaker positions. Subsequently it passed through various hands (I think there is at least one Sun Dome in that series of hands) and ended up in Alkoth where it was used to brand certain victims destined for gladitorial sacrifice. From there it moved to being used to mark messages sent from a faction within the Alkoth enclosure and on to it's current use.

Packages are sealed using wax, the seal and blood or hair from the sender in the wax. The package is sewn into a leather packet which is marked with a facsimile of the seals mark on the outside to identify it. A network of travellers and agents move the packages slowly to it's destination. The package is protected by the reputation of the Seal of the Flame and if that trust is broken the guardian emanation of the hero band plus the potency of the blood/hair in the seal augment the efforts of agents in tracking down whoever broke the seal.

To send a package in this way means travelling with it to Alkoth as there is but a single seal. The group is growing despite this because many packages get sent without the full protection of being Sealed.

Is this worth writing up for you? It's at an early stage right now and I don't know how much response there was to your call for submissions.

Bill Williams
EYComm: 7499456
Office: (615) 252-2120
Need assistance
reaching me?

"John Hughes" <nysalor_at_...>

08/27/2002 09:34 PM
Please respond to HeroWars

<HeroWars_at_yahoogroups.com>

        cc:
        Subject:        Call for Submissions: MOON RITES

"The barbarians have fallen. Let's party!"

The sons and daughters of the Goddess gather for ceremony and celebration. Gloranthacon VIII will be held March 7-9, 2003 in Toronto, Canada. The convention will feature an impressive range of Gloranthan freeforms, adventure modules and seminars, together with select games from other roleplaying systems. Plus, an official celebration of HeroQuest!

Our Guests of Honour include the *Rad* Emperor himself, Greg Stafford, and the rumoured head of the Imperial Secret Service, the indefatigable Mark Galeotti. Supporting luminaries include Nick Brooke, Martin Laurie, Robin Laws, Stephen Martin, Sandy Petersen, Roderick Robertson and Ken Rolston.

Even barbarians are welcome under the healing rays of the Red Moon!

In support of Gloranthacon, we are producing a volume of essays, articles and Gloranthan esoteria entitled MOON RITES, where we will explore the secrets of our Great Empire and its relationship with the distant barbarian
kingdoms of Heortland.

The Empire needs you. We are calling for authors and artists to contribute to Moon Rites. We are seeking material relating to the Empire and to its conflict with Sartar - descriptive articles, short scenarios, people, cults
and
cultures, together with supporting maps and artwork. The Goddess embraces all, so even material from the recently liberated Sartarite perspective will be welcomed.

If you would like to contribute to MOON RITES, please drop a line to the project
editor, John Hughes (nysalor_at_...), with either a general expression of interest or a short description of your proposed contribution.
Our closing date for final completed articles and submissions will be 31 October.

The Goddess thanks you. May you be spared the attentions of darts, wayward servants and tax demons.

Cheers

John

nysalor_at_...                              John Hughes

Gloranthacon: http://www.gloranthacon.com

I have always imagined that Paradise will be a kind of library.

The information contained in this message may be privileged and confidential and protected from disclosure. If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient, or an employee or agent responsible for delivering this message to the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution or copying of this communication is strictly prohibited. If you have received this communication in error, please notify us immediately by replying to the message and deleting it from your computer. Thank you. Ernst & Young LLP