Re: Magic when God is Dead

From: Charles Corrigan <charles_at_...>
Date: Mon, 30 Sep 2002 15:29:42 -0000

> We're having a discussion in my game
> group re: the fact that you can't use
> your god's powers during quests in
> the Great Darkness, if your god is
> Dead at the time.

I look at this question from another direction. Lunar heroquestors have just completed a vast ritual to kill off the religion of Orlanth and Ernalda. They have left access to the non-wind and non-earth members of the pantheon (even less than the 1 in 7), probably because of some magical law of diminishing returns - it would "cost" more than an additional 1/7 (of something, I don't know what) to kill off the religion of these deities at the same time. So if you have access to the powers of Orlanth or one of his minions, analogues, subcults, whatever, then those poswers are gone, no matter how obtained.

If I remember correctly, Orlanth is Dead mentions that the disciples at the Old Wind Temple suffered more than anyone else because the Lunars targetted them immediately after they lost their powers at the WindStop. If anyone were to have heroquest powers from Orlanth etc., it would have been them.

regards,
Charles