Re: Magic when God is Dead

From: Nils Weinander <nils_at_...>
Date: Tue, 01 Oct 2002 09:39:16 +0200

Simon Hibbs:

> Well since Orlanth was in the underworld, clearly there can't be
> any myths of orlanth in the surface world at that time for a
> follower to quest on, so I'm not sure what you're talkign about.
> If he's following someone else's myth - as he would have to be
> doing - then he'd be questing as them, wouldn't he?

The questers were following someone else's myth, but some of them used Orlanth magic in the challenges that came up during the quest. Basically, it was a pretty experimental quest, where we knew neither the myth nor the magic of the mythical figures very wel.

Nils Weinander
We sail on a ship made of dreams.