Re: Orlanth and the Moon

From: Julian Lord <julian.lord_at_...>
Date: Tue, 1 Oct 2002 10:55:34 +0200

Gian :

> > >I mean, there is any mythical precedent that we are
> > >still not aware of (and maybe all the heortlings
> > are
> > >not aware of) that incidentally explain why Orlanth
> > >was so _personally_ opposed to Castle Blue
> > Apotheosis
> > >of the Shepelkirt.
> >
> > There's little need for that. The Goddess had
> > already
> > manifested Chaos and so all Gods would have been
> > opposed to her.
>
> Little need in your campaign, what about canon
> Glorantha? Others' opinions? Others' campaigns?

The Goddess had already manifested Chaos, so *Orlanth* was henceforth personally opposed to her (not "all gods" IMO).

Moon powers don't necessarily need to be chaotic BTW : the Blue Streak isn't, for instance, nor was the prehistoric Green Moon, nor are all of the current Moon's.

You could look at Castle Blue as being the World's Resistance (more than 14 !) against the existence of this new goddess, and in HQ it is a cosmic fact that some one will come to incarnate that Resistance, as a personal Foe. Orlanth is that Foe.

> IMG, gods tend to personalize their conflicts or so
> they are perceived by their worshippers.

Good idea.

Julian Lord