Re: Lunars vs. Solars

From: simon_hibbs2 <simon.hibbs_at_...>
Date: Tue, 01 Oct 2002 14:20:57 -0000

> There may also be a mythic parallel between the Red Moon Goddess's
> forthcoming "betrayal" of the Red Emperor and the Lunar Empire
itself
> (in loose alliance with King Argrath) and the Blue Moon Goddess's
> involvement in the conspiracy to murder Murharzarm and/or Yelm and
> destroy the Golden Age (in alliance with Oralanatus).
>
> See my old articles on "The Triumph of the Lunar Cosmos" and "The
> Withering Away of the Empire" for more in a similar vein:
>
> http://www.etyries.com/moonie/triumph.htm
> http://www.etyries.com/moonie/wither.htm

I was prompted by Peter's reference to Thunder Rebbels to read up the Zenfel(sp?) myth, and couldn't help reading about The Red God, Jagrekriand. Umath fights Jagrekriand, and they are both destroyed, in fact Jagrekriand is broken into many pieces.

>[exciting description of the destruction of the physical Red Moon
>by draconic forces omitted]
>
>The shape of the world was changed. The way that nature works
>was changed. The way that men and women relate to the world was
>different. The way that the gods and mortals communicated was
>altered.

So now two ages of the world are ended by the physical destruction of a red god, who is broken into many pieces, and the way gods and mortals relate to each other changes forever - again.

And in both cases a funny white god (Zenfel & Zaytenera) nobody knows much about is seen hanging around in the background.

Hmmmm...

Simon Hibbs