RE: Re: Orlanth and the Moon

From: Dano <doggydan_at_...>
Date: Wed, 2 Oct 2002 22:09:48 +0100

> It is a mistake to consider the myths as something static since the
> Dawn. For instance, until Harmast Barefoot re-assembled a variety of
> source myths into the Lightbringers Quest, the Lightbringers Quest
> did not exist.

Are you sure? I thought he just subverts an already subverted myth.

> It had not happened during the Gods War. Harmast made
> it up. Before Harmast's experimental heroquest, there was the
> Lifebringers' Myth/Quest, where Orlanth brought back Ernalda.

Surely the Second Council/Locamayadon make the LightBringers quest. After all they wanted to raise the Light (Osentalka/Nysalor/Yelm). Harmast didn't know the Lifebringers quest, he just saw the possibilities not knowing what he'd find.

> Arkat did this too. And in a much more intrusive way, so did the God
> Learners and the EWF.

Yes but Arkat knew what he was doing. Harmast was a lucky amateur. Orlanthi just can't admit it ;-)