Re: Pegasus Quest

From: KYER, JEFFREY <jeff.kyer_at_...>
Date: Tue, 26 Sep 2000 09:54:15 -0400

philip.hibbs_at_... wrote:

> >Oh, I don't know. I recall a KoDP illo in which someone is
> >pretending to be a dragon by draping a sheet over their head!
>
> I think that's Heler emerging from the defeated Aroka. The quest
> participants create a panto dragon in the real world that somehow
> corresponds to Aroka in the quest. I think that enacting a version of the
> myth in the real world cements the benefits by creating a link between the
> hero plane activities and the mundane plane. It may ease the transition of
> the quester back into the real world as well.

Here we have the pantomine Orlanth engaged in a Life And Death Struggle with the Pantomime WideBrew for a job at a Merchant Bank. He swings his Klanth! Right in the beans! The Wide Brew struggles, but to no avail.

Yes, its the person playing the part of the Heler in the ritual. There's a section on that sort of re-enactment ritual in King of Sartar in the latter sections (Jalk's Book).

A bit of morning sillynesses.

Jeff