Re: Orlanth and the Moon

From: Charles Corrigan <charles_at_...>
Date: Thu, 03 Oct 2002 13:31:37 -0000

> > It is a mistake to consider the myths
> > as something static since the Dawn.
> > For instance, until Harmast Barefoot
> > re-assembled a variety of source
> > myths into the Lightbringers Quest,
> > the Lightbringers Quest did not exist.
>
> This is not correct. It did exist because
> Orlanth and his pals did it. It is more
> correct to say that the form of the
> Lightbringer's myth that was subsequently
> popularized was determined by the actions
> of Harmast and his crew.

Damn, another pet theory scotched! ;-) As soon as I think I understand a core piece of Glorantha, the available information changes and I have to restart. And that too is part of my enjoyment of the exploration.

I have many further thoughts on this one but not enough time to write it up just now. Perhaps over the weekend.

regards,
Charles