Re: Infanticide?

From: Mikko Rintasaari <mikrin_at_...>
Date: Wed, 09 Oct 2002 16:37:35 +0300 (EEST)

On Tue, 8 Oct 2002, Graham Robinson wrote:

> > > On the whole, though, I'd steer clear of the whole area during games.

<I wondered>
> >A political correctness thing in US? Personally I can see how this may
> >very well come up in a game. I hope I have an ansver to this when it
> >does.
>
> (1) Not American.

Sorry about that, I should have checked and not assumed.

> (2) Not politically correct - abortion is an emotive issue, I roleplay to
> have fun, not to upset other players.

I suppose my/our games involve a lot of aspects that can be unsettling and troubling, but it's all part of the game. People don't take them personally, and I don't think any of my group want our games to shy away from things.

The feel of realism, even the ugly side of things, is a large part of the fun for us, I'd say.

> (3) Two decades of roleplaying, it never has come up yet.

It's not a pleasant subject, but I suspect it will bump up again our games.

Each to his/her own.

        -Adept