Re: Storm Village while Orlanth is Dead(TM)

From: bethexton <bethexton_at_...>
Date: Thu, 10 Oct 2002 21:36:40 -0000

Well, you can't exit Issaries camp to the chaos age normally (Issaries was in hell with the lightbringers at the time), so this is a viable option.

However for say an Elmal worshipper, it should be possible to exit into the ruined storm village of the chaos age.

> I'm not sure this is right though, it seems to lessen the impact of
> OiD(tm) if the Non-Orlanth worshipping Heortlings can actually
still
> reach him in other "ages" - It also brings into question what
happens
> to/for someone who worships Orlanth and another God (although
> technically the rules d not allow you to initiate to seperate gods,
> only to multiple aspects of one god).

I agree it reduces the flavor of the thing.

> 2)The Worshipper can't leave Issaries Tent. Since it is no longer
> possible to contact Orlanth from the current period in time then
any
> attempt to do anything that would contact him will fail, If an
> Issaries merchant can only leave the tent to join Orlanth, and that
> isn't possiblethen he will have to stay in the tent

I don't like this option. You could say that only the chaos age of the god's plane is reachable by Heortlings due to Orlanth's "Death," but in this case Issaries worshippers would not be able to go to their gods stead since it wasn't in the chaos age!

Again, those gods who enable exits from their home to the chaos age would be different--you could quest to them, but only in the chaos age.

> 2a)...or find a myth where Issaries tent is not in the Storm
Village,
> and use that myth to enter the Heroplane instead.

Issaries tent is both in the storm village and not....by the nature of myth normally you can exit to the god's plane in different times and places, one of which is the storm village, but I don't think that would be the only option. However for Issaries I'd say it comes down to either you can reach any age, or you can't get there at all.

> 4) Whatever/wherever he would normally see/be if he was questing
back
> to the Chaos Age if Orlanth wasn't dead. The effect of OiD is to
> make this the only portion of the Hero/Godplane accessible to those
> with (strong) links to Orlanth.

I agree, this is one of the reasonable options.

--Bryan