Substantial Tax of Sartar

From: IWASAKI Moto <efendi_at_...>
Date: Sat, 19 Oct 2002 18:21:06 +0900

Thak you for your replying, Malion.

> I guess Tax Demons, created by the Red Emperor, give
> some powers to the collectors.

I'm sorry that I understand little about the Tax Demon.

> I think King of Sartar had never collected tax. Tax is for the Evil
> Emperor.

I see. I guess that no one power is allowed to rob of people's wealth. All tax have each reason.
In the case of the clan Regii, tax is amend for guarding by the clan. And clans will pay tax for the Kingdom for the same reason. Where did the fund for making the King's Road of Sartar, the palace of Boldhome, or the forts and the bridges in Sartar come from?

You wrote
> Each tribe should have made tribute to the Prince, though

I think that that tributing have changed substantial tax among one century from 1492 S.T.

The Lunar have another reason. The Lunar Army occupied Sartar. And the lands of Sartar was reduced the Emperor's wealth. So, people must pay fee for the Emperor. That is the land tax. In that meaning, tax is new idea for Sartar people.

By the way, I guess that the temples in Sartar will make tribute to the Empire for guarding.

> Tax
> collector was killed by young Argrath, which implies tax is not collected
> from tribal Rexs

I respect that fact. But, I think that the Imperial tax collecter can't do his work in disordered Sartar. So, he was killed. Maybe, that is the trial of the Central bureaucracy which know little about site. And their trial fails.

Thanks,

  Memini tui. Simul aliquid audivero, tibi scribam.

Efendi      E-mail : efendi_at_...
            My Site: http://www.asahi-net.or.jp/~ty2m-iwsk/rq/