Re: lagaan (was: cricket)

From: David Weihe <blerg2_at_...>
Date: Sun, 20 Oct 2002 23:31:04 -0400

> From: Nick Eden <nick_at_...>
> On Sat, 19 Oct 2002 21:45:18 -0000, Charles wrote:
>>> I doubt that Sartarites play cricket
>>> but the concept is good.
>>
>>I would have though hurling or shinty was far more likely.

Called "iorggh" in the archives, IIRC.

> That's what the Sartarites play, but what do the local Lunar
> officials play?

Lunars/Solars: Polo

Tarshites (who should actually predominate): As other Heortlings, except for the ones who want to pass as Dara Happans.

Visiting Loskalmi: *Cricket* (to go along with the pseudo-Victorian  schools that have been hypothesized)
Also Tennis (medieval style, though) (also popular in Seshnela, at least among the upper classes)

Actually, unless someone wants to come up with Target Numbers or a "Player" keyword, this almost belongs on the Digest.