Lunar pics

From: Bo Rosén <brosen_at_...>
Date: 28 Oct 2002 13:58:35 +0100

mĺn 2002-10-28 klockan 12.34 skrev Nick Brooke:

> And their art can be heavily represented in the Not-Very-Imperial,
> Not-Particularly-Lunar Handbook, eh?

Well, if you put it that way... :-)
However, or is that a yesbut? With the Godess being the loving all-encompassing accepting girl she is, wouldn't she borrow imagery from her loyal subjects? Co-opting and transforming myth and meaning. Take a popular Carmanian Warrior god who likes swords bend him a bit and you have nice scimitars. Not the best example, I know but there has to be lots of these things going on. As native religions are subsumed into Lunar doctrine, their symbols and images are also lunarized.

> Sounds cool to me! Jakaleel - spindle; Deezola - comb; Teelo - empty
> cup; Irrippi - scroll; SWW - who knows?

SWW, perhaps as something that binds the rest together - six objects in a bowl, six deities surrounded by a halo or radiating power, and never depicted on her own. Something along those lines perhaps.

Cheers,

        Bo