Yinkini, marriage, and adultery

From: bethexton <bethexton_at_...>
Date: Fri, 01 Nov 2002 14:44:12 -0000

I'm assuming that at least some Yinkini enter "normal" marriages (i.e. more than the 9 day alynx marriage). Maybe this is a bad assumption?

If it is true, do the Yinkini get some leeway on the usually very strict adultery rules of Orlanthi society? I'd assume that they can't go around bedding anyone at any time, but I'm wondering about slightly more ceremonial "duties," some associated with holy day events, some more along the lines of when a devotee of Yinkin first meets a priestess of (any of Yinkin's lovers) he/she may have ritual obligations to at least formally woo them, or something to that effect (if not quite a formal ritual obligation, a more general "behave like your god" obligation).

In other words, while a wandering Yinkini may sometimes get a cool reception in many clans, is one who is married "safer" to have around?

--Bryan