Re: Digest Number 1062

From: bethexton <bethexton_at_...>
Date: Tue, 05 Nov 2002 20:35:23 -0000

Simon;

Sorry if I jumped to conclusions. I don't have access to the four scrolls of wisdom (for that matter I'm not quite sure what they are!), so I was going by your statements like:

"I have long learned from my campaing that Yinkini are insataible and the only thing that is worse than a PC male Yinkini is a female NPC Yinkini! Get them together and bad things happen, even worse is when all the Yinkini gather together at the base of Mount Kero Fin to worship their Mother Deity in an orgy of scratching and well...orgying!"

I guess you meant how things work in your campaign, but at the time the words implied to me "I have learned that all Yinkini are thus." This was on top of some previous posts from others emphasizing Yinkini's randy side, and it triggered a rant. Sorry about that.

But I'm not sorry for standing up for Yinkini as well rounded characters. I hate to see any cult reduced to characterization and running jokes—probably because I like playing characters who take themselves seriously (hence making good straight men—right Jeff?) so I hate to think if I joined a group playing a worshipper of any particular cult that the character would be presumed to be comedic just for that.

Apologies again for reading things into your post that weren't intended.

--Bryan