Weapons inspections

From: NFranz197_at_...
Date: Fri, 8 Nov 2002 20:18:50 EST

Talking about the illegalness of the Orlanth cults:

How much are the Heortlings subject to "weapons inspections"?

Are there any kind of routine controls as to how many weapons a town or a village may store at any point in time? And if so, which type of weapons may they have? Does anybody in the Lunar authorities _count_ the weapons? Are there embargos on bronze items or other things?

Are smiths regularly harrassed, questioned, etc.? Are weaponsmiths treated differently by Lunar inspectors than blacksmiths? (I would believe so.)

And how much are the fyrdmen controlled by the authorities, if every decent Heortling village is assumed to have a fyrd?

I would say that a fyrdman with a stick and a wooden shield will get by without much difficulty 90% of the time, as long as he's not caught participating in all-out revolts or assassinations. But what about weaponthanes? Humakti?

Are wandering herobands of Uroxi less suspicious to a Lunar commander because they fight chaos foremost, not soldiers?

Let me know what your take on this is.

CU
Norbert