Re: How do we do this now?

From: David Dunham <david_at_...>
Date: Sun, 10 Nov 2002 11:32:29 -0800

Roderick

> Play a Robin Hood campaign. Robin was an outlaw, yes, but he had the support
> of the peasants, and loyal followers (and a lot of luck...). Just because a
> hero was "declared an outlaw", it doesn't mean that he won't get support
> from anybody.

Good point -- and various Icelandic sagas (such as Njall's) also have examples of people who were outlawed but still considered respected citizens.

BTW, I spoke earlier about collaborators. While I think a fair number of Heortlings would ally with Lunars (at least temporarily) for political gain, most of them wouldn't become whole-hearted Lunar sympathizers. They might turn over the occasional law-breaker (especially if it's an outlaw preying on their herds), but they're unlikely to help root out concealed Orlanth worship.

--

David Dunham
Glorantha/HW/RQ page: <http://www.pensee.com/dunham/glorantha.html>