Re: Digest Number 1066

From: Wesley Quadros <wquadros_at_...>
Date: Sun, 10 Nov 2002 16:36:50 -0800

HeroWars_at_yahoogroups.com wrote:

> From: NFranz197_at_...
> Subject: How do we do this now?
>
> Hello,
>
> How could I make sure that it _is_ possible and explicable
> that Heortling player-characters engage in actions against
> the Lunars without having an outright terrorist reputation?

Some things to think of:

> So how do you manage to achieve that balance between
> "This is your cult, this is your tradition and it always
> has been. You get your Affinities and Feats from that
> cult, and you must pump your earned Hero Points
> into those Affinities to get better." and "Actually, you
> are aware that all of this is really against the law."

The same way that the Jacobites did in Scotland. By not wearing runes or calling attention to themselves. The farmer in the field covered in blue woad worships that barbarian god Barntar. The warrior guarding the subject-chief's hall worships Starkval. Oh, the hairy dancing in the rain with no clothes is an Orlanthi! Kill him!!

> Are wandering herobands of Uroxi less suspicious to a
> Lunar commander because they fight chaos foremost,
> not soldiers?

Urox is a banned cult and worshippers are likely killed on sight.

WEsley