Re: How do we do this now?

From: Ian Cooper <ian_hammond_cooper_at_...>
Date: Mon, 11 Nov 2002 13:24:08 -0000

Trotsky wrote:
> Well, you do have a community - of your fellow outlaws and
rebels! 'In Wintertop's Shadow', available from Unspoken Word, describes such a setting, and provides plenty of gaming fun based on the premise of playing outlaws.<

In fact much of the work I did for In Wintertop's Shadow grew out of material I created for our house campaign, where the player heroes were in just such a bind. They were made scapegoats for the Firebull Rebellion, outlawed (but still supported in hiding by the community), and decided to set out for the Exiles and Wintertop to wait until events in their homeland cooled enough to allow them to return.

The Exiles are ideal as a place for Orlanthi zealots to cool off, or for people who want to run a game with Free Orlanthi.

IIRC, Greg's introduction to Griffin Mountain said that the events in his house campaign had led to him needing a place for player character's to go while the heat died down. Dorastor, Land of Doom offered a similar opportunity in Hazard Fort as well.

In addition the Quivini and Stormwalk Mountains provide many hiding places for bandits, uh sorry rebels, as does the Verge (more on that in Kerofinela, Land of Thunder).