Diciple and a magic contest

From: Mikko Rintasaari <mikrin_at_...>
Date: Thu, 14 Nov 2002 01:11:42 +0200 (EET)

Ok, a guestion for for the brainy and inspired.

When we have a Deathsword of Humakt and a Windlord of Orlanth, is it possible for the windlord to challenge the humakti into a quest challenge:

  If the Orlanthi wins he get's some or all of the death affinity of the   Humakti, while wagering his own Storm affinity in the same manner.

Can this be done? Can a deciple of Humakt wield powers of the storm if they are gained in a heroquest challenge? I seem to recall that a deciple is very closely tied to his/her god, and doesn't recieve any magic from any other source.

Is this one of the things that set's somebody onto the path of true Herodom? Going beyond the deciple status.

        -Adept : late at night and confused