Re: Re: Diciple and a magic contest

From: Mikko Rintasaari <mikrin_at_...>
Date: Thu, 14 Nov 2002 06:14:50 +0200 (EET)

On Thu, 14 Nov 2002, Philipp Grawe wrote:

> > I think that's a matter of Campaign preference. Taking Life or UnDeath magic
> > would really anger the Big H, but wind powers are in that grey area that
> > individual narrators must deal with. Personally, I don't have a problem with
> > a Windy Humakti.
>
> I tend to agree with this. The other important factor is MGF.
> Maximum Game Fun, for me, would be a powerful Humakti with mysterious
> Storm powers, and on that basis I'd let it go.

I wouldn't have such a problem, but I'm a bit unclear on the nature and role of deciples. If a deciple of Humakt is an avatar and representative of Humakt on the mortal plane, then he/she has can have very little variance from the norm.

> As Narrator I'd keep a background thought that this may offend or
> peeve some people/powers, but hell, that's something you can spring on
> him when the time is right.

Unfortunately I don't think a deciple of Humakt is too worried about that. :/ Not that he can't be killed or even worse... they just don't worry about personal risk, I think.

        -Adept : who still can't decide