Re: Diciple and a magic contest

From: Greg Stafford <Greg_at_...>
Date: Wed, 13 Nov 2002 20:32:04 -0800

IMHO At 01:11 AM 11/14/2002 +0200, you wrote:
>When we have a Deathsword of Humakt and a Windlord of Orlanth, is it
>possible for the windlord to challenge the humakti into a quest
>challenge:
>
> If the Orlanthi wins he get's some or all of the death affinity of the
> Humakti, while wagering his own Storm affinity in the same manner.
>
>Can this be done?

Yes.

>Can a deciple of Humakt wield powers of the storm if
>they are gained in a heroquest challenge?

Yes.

>I seem to recall that a
>deciple is very closely tied to his/her god, and doesn't recieve any
>magic from any other source.

Correct, unless they go out personally and get it. This will actually inhibit their "being the god," though, and probably prohibits them fromever getting the cult secret.

>Is this one of the things that set's somebody onto the path of true
>Herodom? Going beyond the deciple status.

Most heroes did something to make them different, to stand out in a magic that they subsequently give to worshippers. I think that little local haeroes of this type are actually commonly worshipped by clans.

Greg Stafford, greg_at_...
Issaries, Inc. 900 Murmansk St., Suite 5; Oakland, CA 94607 Phone: (510) 452 1648 Fax: (510) 302 0385 Publisher of Hero Wars, Roleplaying in Glorantha See our site at: <www.glorantha.com>