Re: Invisible Orlanth

From: Peter Metcalfe <metcalph_at_...>
Date: Sat, 30 Sep 2000 11:45:24 +1200

Kevin McDonald:

>And a cool idea it is, too. I am definitely incorporating that, but right
>now I am more interested in the ordinary "rank-and-file" portion of the
>cult. Are you saying that Invisible Orlanth is only directly
>worshiped/venerated/whatever by the IO Magi, and everyone else worships
>different cults?

No. The "rank-and-file" are busy applying themselves to the revealed arts so that they will one day become IO Magi. They are not cooped up in Brinnus like the Idovanic Magi, but should be based around some sort of monastery.

>IIRC Satrap Destryno is
>encouraging this religion as a way of preparing his men for the opening of
>Charg. What are the cult's benefits towards that goal?

I'm not sure that I understand. They have no special affinity with the Ban and can do little else except make elite warriors.

>How Brolian (Orlanthi) is this religion?

Not really. It's a synthesis of Brolian and Carmanian myth. Some Orlanthi Magi would be found in Brolia but they are also of recent origin.

>How much of the Orlanthi pantheon should be incorporated?

None. They are devoted to a specific god or concept. Other gods of the Brolian pantheon are irrelevant.

--Peter Metcalfe