Re: Yinkini fur?

From: Darran <darransims_at_...>
Date: Mon, 18 Nov 2002 12:29:46 -0000

Greetings and Salutations
2002-11-18-1230.

Roderick and Ellen Robertson [>] wrote:
> > A quick question.
> > A player character who is a Yinkini has just help kill a giant dog-beast
> and has skinned it.
> > Now if he wears the hide will he get strange reactions from the other
> Yinkini?
> > Will it cause problems?
> > Would ne know not to wear it or will he wear it with pride?
>
> If he makes clear that it is a trophy, not an attempt at emulation, he'd
> probably get by okay - until he went to lands where doggies rule...

My thoughts exactly although if he wears the hide with a little too much pride it may cause some concern. It is strange that he will be heading into lands where dogs rule ;-)

Trotsky [>] wrote:
> >the Yinkini wear Alynx fur or fur from their prey and enemies?
> >Will it be the same for the Telmori and other Hsunchen tribes?
> >
> It depends a lot on the Hsunchen tribe in question - their attitudes
> vary considerably. Some tribes, such as the deer people, hunt and kill
> their totem animal and use it to make all sorts of things out of, while
> others consider such behaviour anathema. Mraloti (boar-hsunchen), for
> instance, almost always wear pigskin clothing, but Hsa (tiger hsunchen)
> wouldn't dream of wearing the hides of their brothers - which isn't to
> say that they don't find other ways to make themselves look like tigers,
> of course! IMO.

It would seem that hsunchen that have predators as totems would not kill their animal brethren nor wear their fur generally but those that have more prey-like totems will use their animal brethren as a sourse of tools and clothing. A good rule of thumb me thinks.

simonbrayuk_at_... wrote:
> Borin's Stead is decorated with Sendrali and Dog skulls and he wears a
> cloack made from the skin of a rat daemon, but no-one thinks he is any less
> of a Yinkini.
> His best friend Cutrid wields the infamous mace invariably known as Spaniel
> Spanker, Puppy Pounder and Mutt Masher, the Sendrali as you can see didn't
> last long in my game.

This is what I am hoping for my game as well. I would like not only the Yinkini taking trophys but everyone else as well.

Cheers,
DARRAN SIMS.

darransims_at_...
darren.sims_at_derby.gov.uk

"For the strength of the Pack is the Wolf, and the strength of the Wolf is the Pack"