Re: Ernalda Feeds the tribe in the valley of cradles

From: kmnellist_at_...
Date: Mon, 18 Nov 2002 08:58:50 EST

In a message dated 18/11/02 10:30:26 GMT Standard Time, HeroWars_at_yahoogroups.com writes:

<<

 They need a Hero, someone who builds new myths using  the available bricks (local spirits).>>

This is what I was thinking, with local spirits being, in this case, Ronance. We also know specifically that sheep do not do well in the valley, sucumbing to hoof rot and wool canker, so I figured that Heler, the Ram god, was weak.

<< If the Hero is a

 heortling, his quests will attract entities based on  his perception of the otherworld.>>

The local otherworld entities are spirits. Even though the world is made of everything, Prax is specifically spirit-strong.

<< So, in the end, I would use a heortling myth picking
 from the local spirits (the less nomadic ones) those  that resemble the entities the Hero is looking for.>>

They would be looking to release Barntar (agricultural method), Esra (plant, barley) and Uralda (animal) from the dark earth and the caverns of death. They would end up releasing Ronance (agricultural method), Esra (plant, barley) and perhaps perhaps a protectress spirit (they herd sables and impala, after all).

<< Resistance could be much stronger than the Hero
 expects from an agricultural quest because Genert is a  dead god and so the land actively resist and is  impervious to those who want to cultivate it. >>

I thought the resistance would be lower for a prepared Quester, as farming is clearly effective in the valley, but that the episode would be more dangerous because of the unexpected nature of the challenge.

Thanks for the feedback.

Keith