Re: Help Wanted: B&W Map Artist

From: me1stra <melstra_at_...>
Date: Wed, 20 Nov 2002 04:51:19 -0000

Hi John-

This program probably won't help you in your immediate quest for a BW glorantha map, but it might be of use to you in the future...

I apologize for the ****SHAMELESS PLUG*******, but a good friend of mine (and fellow gamer) has written an absolutely phenomenal mapping program (and a CG character sketcher) which might be of interest to you and fellow Gloranthaphiles. There's info at his website:

www.nbos.com

I am not quite so much a computer geek as my friends, but even I am completely blown away by everything it will do-- in particular it has a name generating program built in so you can have it create city names for all your cities in whatever "language" you choose (German, Swedish, Elvish, etc.). Until I moved, I used to game with Ed (the creator), and he'd use the maps in our games.

Check it out! :-)

-
Melanie (who hopes the moderator won't ban her from the list for advertising....*grin*)