Battle Magic Gone Bad

From: Kevin Blackburn <kevin_at_...>
Date: Sun, 24 Nov 2002 11:25:57 +0000

These are not my ideas, but my players, but I thought they might amuse, or even be useful if you run a magic heavy campaign:

Consider the Vingan Feat "Mile Javelin Throw" - now consider in a battle the Javelin component of the battle array, where you put the berserks and kin. It's mythically linked with a Javelin in all sorts ways. So can you "chuck" it at the enemy with this feat? Give or take the modifiers for the numbers "thrown" (what's a couple of masteries between friends?), does it work as a near teleport for an entire military unit?

Then consider "Sword Help", "Deadly Spear Thrown" or even "Leaping Shield" used on the relevant components of your battle array.

Then ask yourself, as a GM, why not?

I was already scared by running the Battle of Iceland (75 scenarios or so under their belts, circa 5 HP per character per scenario plus heroquest boosts - these are powerful PCs), fearing I might damage its majesty - this just makes it worse.

--
Kevin Blackburn                         Kevin_at_...