Re: Battle Magic Gone Bad

From: Jane Williams <jane_at_...>
Date: Mon, 25 Nov 2002 13:02:36 -0000

> Consider the Vingan Feat "Mile Javelin Throw" - now consider in a
battle
> the Javelin component of the battle array, where you put the
berserks
> and kin. It's mythically linked with a Javelin in all sorts ways.
So can
> you "chuck" it at the enemy with this feat?

I'm not familiar with the "Javelin component" concept, but this sounds very much like what our all-Humakti group came up with in Guy's Swords of Death campaign. We have a feat called "Unbreakable weapon". We decided that the rest of the group was a weapon in their ten-thane's hands, and in any case we were all weapons in Humakt's hands. Therefore, we were "unbreakable". This was a good concept at the time: a dwarven explosive was about to go off, in a confined space, range of about six inches.

I don't know what numeric justification Guy came up with for this, but the results were dramatically impressive. Most of us survived it.