Re: Re: Battle Magic Gone Bad

From: Roderick and Ellen Robertson <rjremr_at_...>
Date: Mon, 25 Nov 2002 13:17:40 -0800

> I think you're misunderstanding my 'problem' (if you can call it a
> problem). I don't *want* my heroes to be able to take on the entire
> Black Oak fyrd without breaking a sweat. How good they are against the
> elite Sisters regiment is entirely another matter :-)

You're right, I did. Sorry, I thought your problem was more along the lines of "my heroes keep beating up the entire clan fyrd, what can I do *but* restrict them" type of thing. Of course, I don't see why you *wouldn't* want them to beat up a clan fyrd effortlessly (eventually, of course, not as a starting ability level), but that's more a style-of-play question than anything to do with mechanics :-)

And no, let's not get into any sort of "my way is better than yours" discussions, gang. Every-one's style of play is valid. Let's not badmouth the stickpicker campaign any more than we badmouth the demigod campaign. Both have historical precedent in the "source material" - from the stickpicker Lord of the Rings Hobbits or early Once and Future King, to the Demigod Argonauts or Epic of Gilgamesh.

RR