The Red Goddess, and hair, and speculations.

From: Chris Bell <argrath_at_...>
Date: Tue, 26 Nov 2002 05:25:59 -0500

I had originally envisioned the Red Goddess as being red *skinned*, with a cloak of stars, and with luxurious, shining, silver hair.

What's up with all these bald women? I'm a hair chauvinist, I must admit.

Also, why has Orlanth not been able to defeat Shepelkirt directly?

Kinstrife. One can not strike down one's own blood. At Castle Blue, Shepelkirt proved she was the daughter of Entekos, the goddess of fair winds, and thus kin to Air. Surely a chaotic way to defeat an enemy through what is otherwise a great strength.

That's why Orlanth could not defeat Shepelkirt directly, and needed to call upon Draconic wisdom, which is superior to the more shallow Nysalorean illumination, to have Shepelkirt submit to the Utuma, which completed her release from the world of realization. The defeat of the Red Moon at the hands of King Storm, by KingStorm completing an impossible riddle with an impossible answer, was perhaps the Goddess' plan all along!

Has anyone tried to roleplay Glorantha, after the destruction of the Red Moon? Speculation, thoughts?

Meandering aimlessly,

Chris Bell