Re: Conservation of Skill Was

From: Philippe Sigaud <sigaud_at_...>
Date: Fri, 29 Nov 2002 08:37:37 +0100 (CET)

En r�ponse � Greg Stafford <Greg_at_...>:

> At 05:58 PM 11/28/2002 -0000, you wrote:
> >While a lone hero can face an entire army, he may have trouble with
> >last few survivors due to the following theory:
> >

> >Theory of Conservation of Ninjitsu:
>
> The Pharaoh actually has a bodyguard unit that works in exactly this
> manner.
> The unit always has the same amount of raw power and ability, but
> divided amogn al its members. As the individuals are whittled down their
> ability goes to the survivors, making the last one equal to the whole
> group in the end.
> They were called the Constant Guard.

heyy ! My players met the Constant Guard last week (real time) and are going to again next week and I indeed told them he was the equivalent of a whole fighting force all by himself !
woopy woo !

The more I read about the magic of Belintar (this air/water road two weeks ago, the Constant Guard now), the more I like it and use it directly in my game, without a break. From time to time, I wonder whether what I invent is too fantastic or not, but it seems I may even be a _bit_ conservative.

(goes writing notes laughing maniacally)

Philippe