RE: Re: Playing Powerful Characters

From: Gianfranco Geroldi <giangero_at_...>
Date: Sun, 1 Dec 2002 03:26:22 -0800 (PST)

seconded

> p.s. I'd love to know how many HPs get spent in-game
> by everyone else! My
> average is about 2 - 4 and the maximum has been
> around 10. (I think)

the same IMG

> An average session might yield (!) about 4
> (including start/finish point)
> and maxmimum (poor memory here), probably 5 (rare).

IMG, an average sessione "yields" from 3 to 8 HPs. Explorative, flawed, serious HQs (those that are thoroughly played) yield double that (my own house rule).
Why? Because during a HQ session a player is likely to spend a couple HPs at minimum or a dozen (at maximum). So if the "reward" is not 6-16 HP, the HQ is not worth the effort.
Also the HQ gives big magic if it is succesful, but this is another matter (a direct reward by the otherworld system/aka narrator that doesn't transit via the HP economics).

I've never used narrator HP up to now (never felt the need actually).
Our rate of play is once a month (plus several individual sub-sessions via email, those which yield comparatively less HP to the heroes but help to keep the balance between individual objectives of the single player/hero and the team's).

I doesn't feel I am over generous.

I practiced this kind of attitude with my group for several years (I must admit) with the RQ3 house rules system (we had prize points, similar to current Hero Points). So now it runs rather smoothly.

Ciao,
Gian

Yahoo! Mail Plus - Powerful. Affordable. Sign up now. http://mailplus.yahoo.com