Low-power dragonslayers

From: Andrew Solovay <asolovay_at_...>
Date: Mon, 2 Dec 2002 14:39:04 -0800

NFranz197_at_... wrote:
> But let me ask you, if you introduce a young new Orvanshagor
> devotee into the game with his best abilities at 5w and 1w, has that
> character really fought a dragon in the past, during initiation, holy
> days, and so on?

I think "holy days" may be the key. Presumably if there's an Orvanshagori in the tribe, he takes the lead on holy days when they enact Orlanth's various dragon-whupping myths. So his experience, every year, in defeating the Great Sea Dragon (or whatever) might translate into some actual, real-world skill in fighting dragons.

Just a thought...

--AMS