Re: ALERT!! New Thread - Non-human Campaigns.

From: Graham Robinson <graham_at_...>
Date: Thu, 05 Dec 2002 08:15:16 +0000

>I was wondering if anyone has managed to successfully run a non-human
>Gloranthan campaign. Anyone?
>
>Uz would be easier.. .everyone likes to eat their foes, but I want to know
>if anone has run games with lesser or weirder races.

I ran a short campaign/long one off for Uz only. Lasted about ten sessions, and was quite successful. The aftermath is still reverberating around my Glorantha

>Why don't gloranthan players respect the 'lesser' races?

Cos they're lesser! Many of the lesser races are easily looked down on (for more details see Nick's rant on Ducks...) whereas players normally want to be looked up to. Playing something like a troll is fair enough - they're hard, powerful magicians, etc. - but who can respect a duck or a newt? Perhaps you could introduce some more positive role models during a more normal campaign, then try suggesting your non-human ideas again? Certainly, none of my players have looked at ducks quite the same since being rescued in the Upland Marsh by a band of Humquakti Death Drakes...

Cheers,
Graham

--
Graham Robinson