Re: ALERT!! New Thread - Non-human Campaigns.

From: Gianfranco Geroldi <giangero_at_...>
Date: Thu, 5 Dec 2002 00:38:47 -0800 (PST)

> Why don't gloranthan players respect the 'lesser'
> races?
>
> Pete

I suspect one of the reasons is that there is little fiction even in our over creative age that stages non-human heroes.

The Hobbit /Ring Trilogy was an exception (but in the end everybody remembers Aragorn and Gandalf even if they are not the protagonists).

Monsters Inc. is a good refernce (in general Toons and Disneys) but they are usually:
childish
humorous

What if I look for a "serious" and "epic" fantasy tale where the humans are not the star?

I don't rem any, at the moment.

Ciao,
Gian

Yahoo! Mail Plus - Powerful. Affordable. Sign up now. http://mailplus.yahoo.com