Cooperative Collaboration

From: Greg Stafford <Greg_at_...>
Date: Thu, 05 Dec 2002 09:46:04 -0800

Well said, Simon.

At 04:03 PM 12/5/2002 -0000, you wrote:
>Hero Wars for me is not a game where I tell a story to the players,
>I realy hope that their decisions and participation will materialy
>contribute to the unfolding plot. The whole point of Hero Points
>is not to bludgeon the players into place, but to give the players
>more power to engineer the game in directions they want. Directions
>I as narrator may never have concieved.
>
>For me, that's a good thing.

For me, as a narrator, the entertainment is from me being clever in making up the scenario that surprises and entertains the players, but mostly in being surprised and entertained by their ideas and contributions. I remember that I once wrote rules to benefit the player if they made the game master (as it was then) laugh out loud. (Actually, I wrote them a couple of times, but I'm not sure where they might have gotten into print.)

Cooperative Collaboration is Key.

Greg Stafford, greg_at_...
Issaries, Inc. 900 Murmansk St., Suite 5; Oakland, CA 94607 Phone: (510) 452 1648 Fax: (510) 302 0385 Publisher of HeroQuest, Roleplaying in Glorantha See our site at: <www.glorantha.com>