Re: HP spend

From: kmnellist_at_...
Date: Thu, 5 Dec 2002 17:42:25 EST

In a message dated 05/12/02 08:41:19 GMT Standard Time, HeroWars_at_yahoogroups.com writes:

<< I my game people get 1-3 HP at the start of a session. If it is a continued  session, with the story going on from previous play, then they get less.  They spend between 1-3 HP just to SURVIVE in a session.

 How many points do your characters have to spend on bumping? >>

I like the players ot spend lots. I tend to reward excessive action with extra HP at the end anyway. There is a bit of a running total on who can make the biggest number of AP change with a single Hero Point bump - I think we are at about 90 (a fail/fail changed to a success/fail, changing a loss of bid to the opponent losing twice bid) . Whoever has the most impressive HP spend gets an extra one at the end. I hadn't stated this explicitly to players before, I don't think they have noticed yet.

Generally, if they haven't spent an HP, nothing too heroic has occured.

Keith