Re: Powerful characters, rules, roles, narration

From: David Dunham <david_at_...>
Date: Thu, 5 Dec 2002 18:43:15 -0800

Mike

>Since Harrek is the sort of fellow who jumps wholeheartedly into
>disrupting his culture's important rituals, killing the Great Spirit
>they worship and skinning it to take its magic, I don't think he'd
>have much problem backhanding his mom into next season.

You know, this expression might not be just a figure of speech in Glorantha...

And it suggests an amusing (once) narrator trick.

"Yes, a critical! I transfer 100 AP!"

"She disappears."

"What?! What about all her jewelry?"

"She's gone. You'll have to wait until Sea Season to try to loot the body, because that's where you knocked her."

>Machine Repair (actually just guessing there - what IS the dwarf
>master plan?)

I *think* Greg talked about it at Castle Stahleck... let's just say it involves some really big windlasses. And I seem to remember "how long can you tread water?" is part of it...

--

David Dunham   dunham_at_...
Glorantha/HW/RQ page: http://www.pensee.com/dunham/glorantha.html