Re: Re: ALERT!! New Thread - Non-human Campaigns

From: NFranz197_at_...
Date: Tue, 10 Dec 2002 07:40:08 EST

> Due to a bit of luck, and quirks of the RQ character creation,
> he qualified, at least on skill requirements, for Rune Lord status
> AT CHARACTER CREATION, and thus was not played all that much
> due to rather overshadowing the rest of the characters. I delayed his
> ascenscion to rune lord for a few sessions (he had to fulfill various
> other requirements, notably doing a great deed), but he was just too
> much better than everyone else.

  Hmm, not at all uninteresting. I must confess I never had an "elf" PC in RuneQuest or Hero Wars, and I never gave an elf or dwarf PC to my regular gaming group, well, not after starting to game on Glorantha, that is, because I felt the players could take them and try to turn the game into too much of a copy of AD&D.
  I once made a Duck player-character (Duck Humakti, mind you) for RuneQuest that was originally meant as a spare PC in case one of the others didn't make it back alive from a quest, and he wound up accompanying  the player-character group on all their adventures as a sidekick played by me. That Duck character was, unintentionally, far better statistically in Dodge, Jump, Swim, and his weapon skills than anyone else in the group. (The other characters included a farmer and a bard-like entertainer, so according to RQ rules, their weapon abilities weren't that high, and they chose to train up other skills. That was one of their reasons to keep the Humakti around, actually.)

Norbert