Re: Runology *?*

From: Peter Metcalfe <metcalph_at_...>
Date: Fri, 13 Dec 2002 18:53:00 +1300

At 07:57 AM 12/12/02 +0000, you wrote:

>Did the Vingkot rune implies strong links between Vingkot and Elmal ?

I assume you are referring to the stars? Given that Elmal's Rune is a light rune over a seven-pointed star while Vingkot is a storm rune over a five-pointed star, I think the link is weak and refers to a shared interest (much like Storm Bull and Orlanth are both air gods).

Other gods with star motifs in their runes are Yelm (Fire rune on eight-pointed star), Polaris/Rigsdal (eight-pointer), Ourania, (five-pointed star), Arrax (light rune on six-pointer), Lightfore (light rune on four-pointer) and Oropum (four pointer).

It looks like some pattern exists but I fear possible explanations are too speculative for this forum.

--Peter Metcalfe