Re: Re: 1800 Humakti

From: Graham Robinson <graham_at_...>
Date: Mon, 16 Dec 2002 10:32:05 +0000

>This is an important question. Is it that 1% of Heortlings join
>Humakt, or that 1% of Heortlings are Humakti? Even 1% joining Humakt
>seems a bit high to me.
>
>But, with their attitude to death and the implications that this has
>for their life-expectancy, 1% of Heortlings being Humakti suggests
>that closer to 2% of Heortlings join Humakt. This seems way too high
>to me.

Well, 1% of Heortlings being Humakti does not seem outrageous to me - we know there are some clans that are obsessed with the god, so (as Greg says) the mean is skewed compared to the numbers seen in a typical clan.

As for how many join, I'd suggest that the numbers joining Humakt are relatively low at initiation, but are supplemented by those turning to the god in later life. We already know that many resurrectees turn to Humakt, but I'd also reckon on some turning for other reasons ("My beloved wife is dead, I have no reason to live now...") Especially in these turbulent times.

So I'd go with the 1% of Heortlings worship Humakt at any given time.

Cheers,
Graham

--
Graham Robinson