Re: A Humakti Clan

From: flynnkd2 <flynnkd_at_...> <flynnkd_at_...>
Date: Fri, 20 Dec 2002 04:40:11 -0000

I think you might all be a little obsessed with stereotypes and Death. There will be a wide range of personality types attracted to the Humakt way of life, from the death obssessed to the perfectionist to the prideful to the glory seeker. Humakt would seem to me to offer a greater variation than Vinga would. The Death aspect of Humakt is a symbol of control and power, as well as his primary tool, it in no way suggestes that they are a bunch of necrophiliacs interested in spreading the great glory of death and destruction.

Humakt is Death, not destruction, not misery or pain or senseless violence. To me he symbolises perfectionism, concentration and honour. Humakt is focused, due to his nature.

Which also doesnt mean that you cant have incompetent Humakts, blood thirsty Humakts and raving looney Humakts (although one would assume that the cult itself would sort out the excessives).

Being a Death Cult does not mean you are obssessed by Death, it means you respect and honour it, you obey its rules and you enforce them.

As for Vingans and Humakti getting on, well there is no way you can convince me that men and women will not get along if they want to... Conan and Red Sonja come to mind.

And what of the female humakti?

And of course you would have to be quakers to forget durulz humakti (sorry, couldnt stop myself).

Kevin