Re: Re: A Humakti Clan

From: Nick Eden <nick_at_...>
Date: Sat, 21 Dec 2002 10:19:37 +0000

On Thu, 19 Dec 2002 23:21:54 -0000, you wrote:

><markmohrfield_at_z...> wrote:
>>
>> But do the Humakti consider anyone to be their equal as warriors?
>
>Humakti may be obsessive about developing their fighting skills, but
>that is different from insisting on being recognized as the best
>under all circumstances. In fact, given the Humakti connection to
>honor and the truth rune, I think their attitude would be to
>recognize, grudgingly or not, superior warriors. The fact that this
>is an implicit and humiliating self-criticism only provides them with
>more motivation to improve their own skills.
>
>Pride is a more emotional, Orlanthi trait; IMHO most Humakti are
>cool, emotionless (supressed, repressed, etc) types. From an Orlanthi
>point of view, Humakti might be seen as pragmatic. But of course the
>Humakti code, as John has pointed out before, is much more rigid and
>absolute than the Orlanthi code of behavior. So Humakti are at the
>same time much less pragmatic than Orlanthi.

I certainly see All Humakti being perfectly prepared to accept that there are other warriors out there. That they know what they're doing. That some of them are VERY good at what they do, better than they are even.

That doesn't matter.

The others, they may be great swordsmen, they may be able to lead a warband like masters, they may be honourable and brave. But they don't really understand Death. Not deep down. They don't get it. That's what makes HUmakti special.

York BSAC Web Page:
http://website.lineone.net/~york_bsac