Re: Yet another uber thread

From: Jane Williams <janewilliams20_at_...>
Date: Mon, 23 Dec 2002 09:07:50 +0000 (GMT)

> If the first issue is true, then:
> Even Red Emperors get to deal with everyday
> activities;

http://members.ozemail.com.au/~mrmob/moonsonsnumber2.htm

makes it all too clear that this is the case.

Seriously, I think it's both. (Once upon a time, I had a sig that said "the answer to any either/or question is "yes").

Humans are human: but in Glorantha, they *also* have access to facilities that let them go beyond human limitations and become gods. If they attain this state while still subject to human weaknesses, the results can be unfortunate.

Of course, in the RW, humans can have access to nasty technological things like nuclear warfare (and, come to think of it, cars: what's that but a "run fast" ability?) that give god-like (or at least, super-human) powers: and again, this is not necessarily a good thing.

Do You Yahoo!?
Everything you'll ever need on one web page from News and Sport to Email and Music Charts http://uk.my.yahoo.com