Re: Re: Western Reaching

From: Peter Metcalfe <metcalph_at_...>
Date: Wed, 04 Oct 2000 12:28:32 +1300

Kevin McDonald:

> > But in Carmania, because he is a farmer god, his worship will be
> > restricted to the farmer caste. Western Caste Laws, see.

>It becomes more important, then, to determine which caste worships which
>god. I figured that since Nick's website listed a masculine form of Maran
>Gor as a Hazar god, that he was talking about Turos in his Shaker aspect.
>If Turos can only be worshipped by peasants, then this reference must be
>disregarded.

Turos is by no means the only earth god around. One can worship Jaladaro or any number of mountain gods to make a quake.

>Further, I am not sure *any* native god/goddess could pass this test,

So Daxdarius and Pelandan fighting gods are restricted to the peasantry? The Gods are classified according to their appropriate _occupation_, not whether they were worshipped by the Pelandans before the Carmanians came.

>Another problem child for me right now is Arronius Jaranthir - Hazar or
>Karmanos?

Doesn't really matter. Choose one and stick with it. It is perfectly possible for Arronius to do what he did being either a Hazar or a Karmanoi. If you want your hazars to worship him why then he is a hazar.

If you want your PCs to be have the opportunity

>What about Charmain - peasant or upper castes?

Women.

--Peter Metcalfe